I never gave a damn about the weather.

What: Company outing
Where: the beach, in Puerto Galera
When: right smack in the middle of typhoon season, 1st-3rd August 2008

Let's not get into why. Last Friday, I found myself bound for the beach, for a company team-building(ish) trip to Puerto Galera with two fellow writers, co-workers and bosses from the Korean office, and our Canadian editor. With a complete disregard of everything I learned about coherence, here are some of the highlights.

FRIDAY.
Around noon. Yelling across terraces at the resort.
Editor: HEY INCHUL!!!
Inchul (co-worker from Korea): YEAH?
Editor: LIZ HAS SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!!!
Inchul: WHAT?
Me: ...YOU HAVE A NICE BUTT!
Inchul: *cracks up*

x x x x x

I got to go snorkeling!!! IT. WAS. UNBELIEVABLE. I don't have enough words. The corals and the little fishies were sooooo beautiful!!! I even saw a blue starfish at the bottom, which I swear was the prettiest thing ever. Never mind that it probably wasn't my, um, most graceful moment. xD I couldn't count how many times I had to shake off my mask just so I wouldn't end up drinking half the ocean. :P LOLNOOB.

In the afternoon, the whole group went fishing, and let me just say. I finally understand why I never understood the appeal of fishing. xD I guess I'm just not the kind of person who's up for staying still in one place for a really long time, just waiting for fish that you're not even sure would bite or not. (Ah, that, and I don't even like fish. Wahaha.)

SATURDAY
The snorkeling left us with useless, sore arms, so Meg and I both took a rain check for the "jungle tour" that our other co-workers went on that day. So us two girls--both with considerable ADHD symptoms--scampered about for other activities to fill the day with. First up, we got some sweet henna tattoos--room service, natch. :3

The flower design on my lower spine means balance, the butterfly on my upper back means freedom.

We also hung out at the beach, camwhored a LOT, and oddly, became something of a tourist attraction(?) because some dude just had to trot over to get his picture taken with us in the background. xD LOL WHUT.

SUNDAY
Most of the morning was a huge photo op. Stole hibiscus flowers, posed around. In photo: Those rocks? Those were SHARP. Really sharp. That's me pretending they don't hurt me in the ass.

Afterwards, us three writers went on a relatively long trek along the "shore" (that at that time had disappeared into the tide), and got soaked in the rain, just for the sake of souvenirs for ourselves and loved ones. xD I guess I went a little crazy buying the pretty bracelets, but I just absolutely love their color.


All in all, it was easily one of the best trips I've ever been on. I guess I'd be saying something else if I'd gone on the aforementioned "jungle tour" (which turned out to be something of a mild disaster), but yeah.

♥ I'll probably up more pics to Facebook, Friendster, etc. The mushier (aka moar feelings plskthx) stuff, as always, will be relegated to the not-so-sekrit journal. xD Also, I might edit this tomorrow. I'm so sleepy right now it's no longer funny. Oyasumi nasai! (_^_).zZ

3 Responses to "I never gave a damn about the weather." (Leave A Comment)

Meg says
August 5, 2008 at 10:00 AM

between ur blog and mine, yours was polite enough to actually tell the story for those who are pretending to be interested to hear about it. let me link your entry to mine to make sense of my babbling wahaha

Liz says
August 5, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Ahahahaha. xD LOL. Parang cross-reference lang. Gawin bang wiki page ang blog ko.

Ria Hazel says
August 14, 2008 at 2:27 PM

wow. namiss ko ang puerto galera because of your blogpost.

you look like a pretty mermaid sa pictures mo. :D

and glad you did snorkeling. ang saya nu? tapos may mga fishes and corals pa na super colorful..